Dragon & Tiger Medical Qigong. Warm Up and Movement 1
Czas i lokalizacja
This is part one to a four part weekend workshop studying an old and powerful set of gentle Medical Qigong movements. This weekend will be suitable for all levels of ability and experience, whether someone is completely new to the practices of Qi Gong and Tai Chi, or has decades of experience, all will find a lot to learn and explore.
Completion of part one is a prerequisite (if you don't already know the set) to joining any of the other 3 sessions
The warm up and Movement 1 prepare your body for the rest of the set, but can be practised on their own. The gentle stretching motions of the warm up prepare the joints, muscles and breath. Movement 1 can be used as a standalone practise because it engages the whole body and all of the major muscles and joints in a slow and low impact way.
Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong has been used by people in China to promote good health and recover from illness. Based upon the Chinese Acupuncture Meridian system, its aim is to enable the practitioner to gently stretch open their body (in a more gentle way than Yoga) and contact subtle layers of connective tissue beneath the skin to release tension.
Similar in looks to some Tai Chi moves, (it can be practised on the spot, rather than moving around) this set of movements enables people to feel energy relatively easily, move gently within their safe limits, work with injuries and practise without any equipment. Dragon & Tiger Medical Qigong is suitable for everyone who:
- is new to Qigong and wants to learn an effective set of movements
- anyone who has previously attended Dragon & Tiger workshops and would like to review and upgrade their knowledge
- prefers gentle exercise
- is recovering from injuries/illness and need a gentle form of rehabilitation
- are sensitive to energy and would like a form of exercise which provides a calming structure and detailed understanding of it
- wants a calming form of movement and exercise to combat stress and anxiety
- already studies Tai Chi and wants to explore the core health benefits which are often not taught in Tai Chi classes
- are martial artists and need a movement practice which will help to calm them down and recover from hard training
- has an existing health practise and would like to learn something new and effective to add to their health regime
Follow up seminars will be arranged to take place in the next year, either in live seminars to be held in Bedfordshire, or online, to enable participants to practise and refine what they have learnt, before uprading movements to gain further understanding and depth. All Zoom sessions will be muted and participants can hold up their hands to ask questions.
- D&T Warmup & Movement 1£20+ Opłata za obsługę £0.50£20+ Opłata za obsługę £0.500£0